Our hens are currently producing 18-22 eggs a day right now and the majority of those get hardboiled and made into either pickled eggs or this delicious egg salad which we eat for lunch almost everyday. We’ve also got plenty of spinach which we planted last fall and overwintered. We were lucky that it survived the -10F temperatures that we had more than a few times this past winter! It’s already growing prolifically and we have been eating spinach salads a couple times a week since April 1st and I love using the larger leaves to make these egg salad “wraps”.
Basic Egg Salad (I make a HUGE BATCH of this 2-3 times a week and just keep it in the fridge to munch on..)
- 12 hardboiled eggs, very finely chopped …click here to learn how I make hardboiled eggs from fresh eggs
- 1 LARGE onion, very finely chopped
- 4-5 stalks of celery, very finely chopped
- about 1/4 cup homemade mayo, more or less….click here for my recipe
- a few tablespoons of relish, Famous Dave’s Signature Spicy Pickle Relish is my favorite!
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
Chop everything up, mix it all together, place on spinach leaves..I also garnished with a few squirts of homegrown homemade hot sauce and a few dashes of our homegrown homemade dry aged paprika powder! To eat it, just pick it up kind of pinch-folded sorta like a taco and chow down 😀