I LOVE this recipe…it’s my favorite way to eat greens, especially right now when it’s the ONLY thing coming from the garden….red russian kale, swiss chard, spinach especially!
1 bunch kale -washed, cut or ripped into small 1-2 inch pieces
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 1/2 tbsp tamari
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp minced ginger
1-3 tbsp. sesame seeds (optional)
- Place prepped kale into a large bowl.
- In a separate small to medium bowl, whisk together sesame oil and tamari till emulsified/combined nicely. Whisk in garlic and ginger.
- Pour sauce over kale and massage sauce into the kale…using your hands! This will help ensure all pieces of kale are covered.
- Add sesame seeds to the kale (if you’re not sure if you’d rather go 1 or 3 tbsp, I suggest adding 1 and mixing up and checking coverage. You can always add more sesame seeds but you can’t take them back out…not easily at least).
- Cover and let marinate in fridge for at least 24 hours.
- Right before I eat it I like to sprinkle some dried cherries or cranberries over it…. Enjoy! 🙂